I take back everything nice I ever said about airports.
This particular trip involved 3 planes…
1: delayed. I had to run through JFK to make my flight to Barcelona… which was also delayed but they told us it wasn’t.
2: I have never ever been sick on an airplane. Guess there’s a first time for everything.
3: Cancelled. After I sat through a 5 hour layover. They just never assigned a gate, and then removed it from the screen. I had to collect all of my luggage, tell a million people I do not speak Spanish, and get a new ticket for the next day, hotel info, and transport to hotel.
I was exhausted and still not feeling well, and alone… it all just put me over the edge. I have never had such troubles flying! The worst part is that I just got done reassuring all the men in my life who have told me countless times “be safe” “take care of yourself”, I worry about you” how capable and great I was at getting myself around over here.
Lowlight of the day: having to just stop and cry when I couldn’t find the hotel shuttles in Parking G. While carrying 130lbs of luggage. After asking about 10 people for help and ending back up in the same spot looking at parking A-F. Why isn’t Parking G right next to Parking F?
Highlight of the day: The Spanish teenager that awkwardly came over to me while I was crying and just patted my shoulder a couple of times and offered me some water in broken English.
I hope I make it to Nantes tomorrow without any troubles. I have no idea how many hours it’s taken me to travel this time, but it’s been too many. Hopefully I’ve had my share of bad luck and travel troubles, and that I’m in the clear for the next 8-10 months now!
Sorry for the negativity! I felt so much better once I got to the hotel and could get a shower and a nap. I will feel even better tomorrow when I get to France.
Love love love,
Steph
Maybe these will help you!
ReplyDeletepor favor (poor fuh-voor)- please
habla ingles? (ob-la ing-lays?) - do you speak english?
donde esta... (dohne-day es-tah...)- where is...
cuantos horas/minutos (quan-toes oras/me-new-toes) - how many hours/minutos?
haga el favor de mantener el sombrero del bebé? (ha-gah el fay-voor day mon-tay-nair el some-bray-ro?) - Will you please hold my baby hat?
No worries, chica bonita, because you are uncomfortable in this situation, it means you are smart, and you will have a keen eye for anything that seems off. You got this.