Nothing like crying so hard when you go through security that the airport employees offer you tissues and then apologize profusely for having to go through your bags.
But I love airports. Love Love them.
Did you know I wanted to be a flight attendant for awhile?
Gaahhh today was so emotional. But it gets to the point where you prepare and prepare and think so much about leaving, that you just need to pack those bags and get going.
I could finally take a deep breath and calm myself down once I made it to my gate. Now #1 of 3 planes is delayed and I know I will be rushing rushing busy to get on that connector transatlantic flight. And I happen to be so puffy and red from crying that I am sure I look like Quasimodo. That hunchback from Notre Dame. Hmmm… Fitting.
But there’s so much excitement and possibility at airports; I find this place addicting and inspirational. It’s such a busy atmosphere with so much going on, and so much in store for each traveler. The possibilities- the places people are going, the people they will meet in those places, the foods they will taste… I feel like life is just waiting to show off all the neat things and interesting lessons travelers will find from their destinations.
I am not someone who is comfortable with a stagnant lifestyle… so despite the fact that I have been emotional all week about this (is anyone surprised? I cry when I am scared, when my friends play pranks on me, when I see and/or say goodbye to people I haven’t seen in awhile, when I read good books or listen to good music… but), I think I’ll do ok with this big change. There’s going to be some initial discomfort, but I am confident in myself and the decision I’ve made. (I think). It’s hard to grow without stepping out of your comfort zone.
Today was a hard day. I am getting a diet coke. Just one… no worries, I am not relapsing into my old ways.
I will post again as soon as I can to let you know I made it! I love and miss you all!
Bissous, Steph
No comments:
Post a Comment