Part of "getting going" was starting this blog, so I am happy to cross this off my to-do list.
Well Hi! I'll be documenting my Adventures as an English Language Assistant in France right here... I can almost hear a collective sigh of relief that I will be blogging instead of filling up your inboxes with my notoriously long emails.
I have one request. If you are reading this, Please Comment (below the post, there's a spot for you!). I can't imagine anything worse than no comments on what I am sure will be hilarious and witty blog postings in the future.
We're less than a month away from my (one way!) flight out of the lovely Cleveland Ohio, and here's where I'm at with my preparations:
I have my VISA! I am legally allowed to live and work in France. But only for 10 months.
Housing is organized... kinda. I will be living with a teacher from my school for about a week until I can move into something called a "Foyer". We don't have anything like them in America, but it's basically dorm-style living for young working people.
I am down to one can of Diet Coke a day, with plans to eliminate it completely from my diet in September. This addiction and love for "Cocalight" will not break my bank in Europe. I am determined.
I am attempting to learn new technology... and devoting a lot of time to playing with my NOOK and my IPOD. Both were gifts from my birthday. Looks like I am finally catching up to my generation.
There's still a lot left to do... but I'm happy with where I'm at
I have fun weddings and going away parties planned for my final weekends home, and I'm looking forward to spending time with great people before I embark on this great adventure!
Bissous,
Steph
Wahoo! What a great idea, Steph. I look forward to reading your blog when I need a bit of adventure in my life. bon courage et chance! besitos!
ReplyDeleteI'm very proud that you have found the internet! I look forward to constantly reading this!
ReplyDeletehow did you choose this photo for your background? can you choose any picture ever or do they have choices when you set it up? yours is neat - i wish i had something to blog about solely so i could design the page. i don't, so i will just enjoy yours instead.
ReplyDeletei love the background picture! also, i am especially partial to light writing on dark background colors. your blog design gets a thumbs up!
ReplyDeletei can't wait to read about your adventures! and to visit and have adventures with you! ah!
xoxo
mmm so excited about your blog! can you also post pics as part of your postings? :-)
ReplyDeleteYes Alicia I will be posting pictures, once I have some pictures to post!
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone for the comments!
Stephanie, I am so excited for you and for all of us who are going to live vicariously through you and your wonderful adventures! Safe travels my beautiful "daughter"!
ReplyDeleteLet me be the first to say...Welcome to France!
ReplyDelete